Android Studio is official IDE for Android Application development. It helps the developers to accelerate app development and build the highest-quality apps for every Android device. The IDE continuously releasing new versions with new features. Really It is a challenge for developers, but these features will help empower the developers to create high quality, modern apps across devices faster.
In previous article we discussed HMS Kit Integration in Android Studio Arctic Fox. In this article we are going to discuss HMS Kit integration in Android Studio version Bumblebee .
Android Studio Bumblebee | 2021.1.1 Patch 2 released on February 23, 2022 with the following features.
1. Build and Deploy
- Run Instrumented Tests in Android Studio using Gradle
- Android Gradle Plugin Upgrade Assistant now updates API usage
- Non-Transitive R classes on for new projects
- New Device Manager
- ADB over Wi-Fi
- Emulator tool window enabled by default
- Apple Silicon Support Update
2. Profile and Inspect
- Jank detection track in Profilers
- Profileable app profiling support in Studio Profilers
- Inspect Jobs, Alarms, and Wakelocks in the Background task Inspector
- Capture Layout Inspector snapshots
- Support for Compose semantics in the Layout Inspector
- Interactive Preview
- Animated Vector Drawables Preview
- Updated Device picker for design tools
While comparing with Arctic Fox there have some changes in HMS Kit integration process in Bumblebee.
Configuring the Maven Repository Address for the HMS Core SDK
1. Open the build.gradle file in the root directory .
There are some changes in root level build.gradle file in new version. buildscript removed here in new version, where we add the AppGallery Connect plugin.
So, add buildscript repositories and add the class path inside the dependencies section.
Note : No need to configure the Maven repository address in root level build.gradle
2. Open the settings.gradle file in the root directory. Few changes are there in the file. We can find pluginManagement and dependencyResolutionManagement there. Add maven url in both sections as mentioned in below image.
Adding Build Dependencies
1. Open the app-level build.gradle file of your project.
2. Add a build dependency in the dependencies block.
3. Add the AppGallery Connect plugin configuration
The article explained about HMS Kit integration in Android Studio Bumblebee. So try to integrate HMS Kits such as Scan Kit, Analytics Kit, Map Image Kit , ML Kit, Awareness Kit etc. in your applications.
Soon will post a new article which will explained about HMS Kit integration in Android Studio Chipmunk.