Android Studio is official IDE for Android Application development. It helps the developers to accelerate app development and build the highest-quality apps for every Android device. The IDE continuously releasing new versions with new features. Really It is a challenge for developers, but these features will help empower the developers to create high quality, modern apps across devices faster.
In this article we are going to discuss HMS Kit integration in Android Studio version Arctic Fox .
Android Studio Arctic Fox | 2020.3.1 Patch 4 released on December 8, 2021 with the following features.
- Compose Preview
- Compose Layout Inspector
- Deploy Preview to Device
- Live Edit of literals
- Wear OS Pairing
- Heart Rate Sensor
- New Wear OS system images
- Google TV Remote Control
- Google TV system Images
- Automotive OS Sensor Replay
- Templates support for Tablets
3. Developer Productivity
- IntelliJ 2020.3.1
- Android 12 lint checks
- Non-transitive R classes Refactoring
- Apple Silicon Support Preview
- Android Emulator Extended Controls
- Background Task Inspector
- Accessibility Scanner in Layout Editor
- Test matrix
- Memory Profiler new recording UI
- AGP Upgrade Assistant Improvements
- C++ editor: Set execution point in debugger
While comparing with earlier versions there have some changes in HMS Kit integration process in Arctic Fox.
Configuring the Maven Repository Address for the HMS Core SDK
1. Open the build.gradle file in the root directory and add the maven url inside the buildscript repositories.
Add the class path inside the dependencies section of project build.gradle file.
2. Open the settings.gradle file in the root directory and add add the maven url inside the repositories.
Adding Build Dependencies
1. Open the app-level build.gradle file of your project.
2. Add a build dependency in the dependencies block.
3. Add the AppGallery Connect plugin configuration
The article explained about HMS Kit integration in Android Studio Arctic Fox. So try to integrate HMS Kits such as Account Kit, Location Kit, Map Kit, ML Kit, Awareness Kit etc. in your applications.
Soon will post a new article which will explained about HMS Kit integration in Android Studio Bumblebee.